Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Change of Plans

I met with the client to discuss the basemap that was given to me. Collectively, we decided that the Bing Imagery would make for a more detailed basemap. However, now that we are going with that, I will have to edit all of the shapes in such as the housing units, creek, and roads. I was also given some autocad shapefiles that contain lines and polygons that may help.

Editing these shapes onto the Bing Imagery will be my objective for this week.
I will also have to go back to Boice Family Park to finish mapping the trails and parking lots. Apparently when i went last week there was an extremely large amount of error as I was trying to do the Blue Trail and Red Trail. The points were way off and need to be re-done. This will probably happen Wednesday

Here are my plans for the rest of the week:

Tuesday- Begin some of the editing (housing units, creek, park boundary)
Wednesday- Get to the Park to do more GPS work
Thursday- Have all of the GPS points placed onto the map
Friday- Edit more (housing units, roads, creek, park boundary, trails)
Saturday and Sunday- Try to catch up with my weekly work plan and begin to finalize the map

Below is an image of section of trail that I plotted recently, It is the orange section and the top half of the blue. It's also a quick comparison between adding or not adding a basemap.

I will eventually connect the points with a line once I begin to edit.




Look for another post later on in the week for a more finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment