Monday, November 12, 2012

Week of 11/12 : Making Progress!

Hey All,

I've finally finished plotting the points by GPS and I'm in the editing phase now! I'm definitely making a ot of progress, but there are still some dilemmas. For one, some f the basempas provided by ArcGIS online show the features a bit off. Unfortunately I can no longer use those. So, there are a few options and I would love some feedback!

I could use the Bing Imagery which you have seen throughout some of my other posts, or I could make a polygon of the park outline and fill the polygon in. Below is an example of that. Just remember that I am still in the early phases of editing.

I hope to be nearly done with editing by the end of the week!

Here is what I have as of now. However, I am going to speak with the client and show him the wide array of color and basemap options that we have, that way, we can make a decision together.

None of the features on this map are permanent yet and I'm sure that they will nearly all be edited in some way. However, I still need to add the road names, more visible park boundary, orange trail, red trail, pioneer paper mill, visitor center and road to visitor center, trail to the red trail from the visitor center, and some of the roads/houses that are not currently built.

Let me know what you think so far!

-Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment