Tuesday, October 30, 2012

First Georeference

Hey Everyone,

I've been making some progress with the basemap that I was provided with. I'm still not sure if I'm actually going to use it in my final product though. The Bing Imagery basemap looks a bit more aesthetically pleasing, however it does not contain things like the housing units and roads which I feel are a vital part. I think I'm going to take a look at drawing those things in by editing.

I will present the client with two versions, the Bing Imagery one and the given basemap sometime this week so that we can decide together which one would be better. 
Here is a view of the basemap georeferenced onto the bing imagery that was in my previous post. The basemap by EDP, LLP is translucent so that the Bing Imagery can still be seen.


 I plan to get up to Boice Family Park this weekend to do some more work with the GPS. I need to plot out the orange, blue, and red trails and the perimeter of the parking areas.  I was going to go today but with the remnant wind of Hurricane Sandy still lingering I figured that I should probably wait until the end of the week.


Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment