Monday, October 22, 2012

Lets Get Started!

Hello All!

Today I started the very first portion of creating the Boice Family Parks Map. The client and I have been meeting to go over deliverables and logistics (see project proposal). Today we got out to Boice Family Park for my first time to do some field work with the GPS. It was mostly a day to begin to familiarize myself with the park, learn how to get there, and learn  about all of the hard work that the "Friends of the Kayaderosseras" and others have been doing to get this park up and running for others to enjoy.

I took a few rough waypoints with the Garmin etrex 20 GPS just so that I could put them on a map to get a better feel of the location. The conditions were a bit overcast so there may be a small margin of error (within a few feet) on the points. This should be OK though because I plan to go back there a few more times to do some of the actual GPS plotting (which is fine by me; it is a beautiful little park.)

So, just to give you guys a little bit of the feel of the park and where it is, I threw together a rough Draft Map. Just keep in mind that this map is very rough and contains only a few points that may or may not be added to the final map.




Hope this map with Bing Imagery can hold everyone over until I get the rest of the points with the GPS. I also have a basemap that was given to me by the client which will be georeferenced over the Bing Imagery.

NOTE: Here is the website for "Friends of the Kayaderosseras" For anyone who is interested: http://www.kayaderosseras.org/


Check back soon for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment